Monday, November 28, 2005
Interviewing
God, come to my assistance
Lord, make haste to help me


Tonight I appear before the Charge Conference of First United Methodist Church of Tulsa. For those of you unfamiliar with your UM polity, the charge conference is the governing board that meets annually to review the mission and ministry of the church. The reason for my appearance is to gain their recommendation for ordained ministry. I believe it requires a two-thirds vote.

I totally missed my opportunity to pass out "Vote for Pedro" boondoggle keychains at the service yesterday morning.

Assuming that goes well, I interview tomorrow morning before the District Committee, a board of local clergy. Passing this interview would certify me as a candidate for ordained ministry in the United Methodist church. It would also qualify me for scholarship funds from the conference, to which I say, "Yes, please."

Please pray for me simply to be myself.

For my healing, and the healing of the world.

posted by Peter at 2:53 PM
| | permalink |