Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Movieness
Saw Flightplan over the weekend. Would have been much more believable had Jodie Foster lost her iPod.

Superman Returns trailer is online. Looks as though Bryan Singer is squeezing all the Christology of the Superman story into the movie that he can find.

Oscar nominations are out. Brokeback Mountain. Capote. Crash. Good Night, and Good Luck. Munich. I'm bummed I missed Good Night when it was playing at the Kentucky. It's the only one I haven't seen.

Brokeback, Capote and Munich were all films that I left thinking, "Wow, that movie was done really well." I was watching Crash again last week. It's the only one that personally affected me. It's that good, and that's why I think it's the best movie of the year.

posted by Peter at 10:59 AM
| | permalink |