Sunday, July 16, 2006
Adjusting
"If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?" --from Fight Club

I'm home, and Wilmore never seemed so quiet. Thanks for all of your prayers. Jackie picked me up from the airport. I had lunch at Sonny's barbecue where I had my first non-kosher meal in three weeks and praised the Lord for the New Covenant.

Walking through the terminal in Atlanta earlier in the morning, I felt this nagging sense of "Did all that really happen?" You wake up on a plane and wonder if it was all just a dream. But the images from CNN and the front-page headlines of the Atlanta Journal-Consitution yell out that it wasn't.

Now I'm left with the awkward adjustment physically and emotionally of life as it was three weeks ago. I woke up at 6:30 am this morning, so it may not be so bad. I know it's going to take some time process everything I've seen over the last three weeks and last week especially.

Please keep Norman Community Church in your prayers. They had sent mission to teams to both Israel and Lebanon this summer. The Israel team included by brother, sister and sister-in-law. They were already scheduled to arrive home today. The Lebanon team has not been so lucky as one of the first targets taken out by the Israeli strikes was the Beirut airport.

Please pray for their safety and quick arrival home.

posted by Peter at 9:42 AM
| | permalink |