Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Ash Wednesday
Ready or not, here comes Lent.

That means time for reading TS Eliot:
.....
Because these wings are no longer wings to fly

But merely vans to beat the air
The air which is now thoroughly small and dry
Smaller and dryer than the will
Teach us to care and not to care Teach us to sit still.
.....


That means time for reading Kyle Potter:
We rededicate ourselves in practical ways to prayer, to seeking and listening to the counsel of our brothers and sisters, and in learning more deeply the Way of Life. In this practice-able, regular actions - these ways of making space - we invite the Lord to purge our personalities of the dross of the old nature, and to refine us more and more as part of the new creation.


Count me among the "not ready." Life barrels along like a runaway train. I don't feel very spiritual today. I haven't much at all lately. But then maybe that's part the point of Lent.

I don't have to feel today. I get 40 days to get ready for that... 40 days "to know Christ and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings."

If days could be song lyrics, today's would be...

I am so out of tune... with [Y]ou.


Did I tell you I got a new toy back at Christmas? Forgive me if I neglected that. I've had precious few opportunities to play with it. But I've finally posted a few new pictures--from Cliffview Retreat Center, the first snow a couple of weeks ago, a local Over the Rhine show and who won between my car and a road sign.

And lastly, the wedding website is now live.

posted by Peter at 10:57 PM
| | permalink |