Tuesday, June 21, 2005
The bookshelf

The bookshelf
Originally uploaded by PedroBlanco.
1528 pages. 55 essays. 6 books. 6 days in class from 8:30 until 3:30. And my first summer intensive class is done. As of Friday. Well, not quite. I still have the final of three essays to work on until Friday.

It was easily, and by far, my favorite class in seminary thus far. For a handful of reasons. The subject matter, exploring the various methods of interpreting the Bible, I could soak in all day. The class was structured around one day of lecture and the other five devoted to discussing and processing the reading.

There were about 12 people in the room. A student from Ethiopa. One from Czech. Another from Malaysia. Russia. Japan. Texas. And the level of depth was unlike any other class I've had in the past year. Most days I felt like the fat kid at football practice, huffing and puffing, a lap behind everyone else.

But I loved it. And now I'm basking in all this new stuff to think about and what to do with it.

And Jackie and I celebrated six months of being together. We drove to Cincy, had us some Outback steak and wandered around Eden Park. A good time. A good six months.

A good year, really.

posted by Peter at 4:03 PM
| | permalink |