Saturday, August 05, 2006
Vacation end/beginning


I'm back for good now in Kentucky after all the summer travels. I ran over some skunk roadkill on my way into Lexington today. Now my car stinks. This is how I know I am home again.

Jackie and I just returned from a week in Colorado with my family. We spent the week with Mom and Dad and Sarah. Grandpa and Grandma were there, too, and so were Jason and Kelly before they had to go back to Oklahoma for a friend's wedding.

There was much trail-hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park, picture taking, lounging in the cottage, book reading (or picture editing for me), smoothie slurping and mini-golfing in Estes Park. Saw Pirates 2, and thought it was far less exciting and fun as Pirates 1.

Most importantly, after 18 months of prodding and provoking one another to be far more interesting people than we had been previously and generally having a grand time of it all, I asked Jackie if she would be willing to join in the bonds of holy matrimony.

She said yes.

So that's pretty sweet.

posted by Peter at 1:15 AM
| | permalink |