Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Joe story

Aaron has plenty of Joe stories that he tells. Some crack me up. Some get me teary eyed. Now I got my own.

We had a cookout at our place for the Fourth. The hope was that we could see the fireworks from the Legends game from our backyard. The Dillards came over, and Herschel, Tammy and Maggie. Jeana brought Chip and Carlos. The storms came just as I was grilling the last round of burgers. Not long after, Aaron crashed the party with John and Joe.

At one point, I’m standing next little Joe and he beckons up, “Where’s your kids?” I kneel down trying to decipher what he’s talking about and reply, “Huh?”

“Where’s your kids?” he repeats, and sticks out his arm and beckons me with his finger. He leads the way into our kitchen, and he zeros in on the box of oatmeal creme pies in the pantry. The look on his face says, “I found their stash, so where are you hiding them?”

I think he was disappointed to learn that the oatmeal creme pies belonged to Jackie.

posted by Peter at 9:25 PM
| | permalink |