Friday, October 22, 2004
Confessional
Today at lunch was a rice and beans solidarity meal to support International Justice Mission and Latino Pastoral Action Center. The idea was to identify with the millions around the world who eat little more than that.

Um, I had a heaping plateful.

It's now a little past 2 am, and Guys Night Out just back from Dennys. I had the Country Scramble. That's a couple of scrambled eggs smothered in gravy, hasbrowns, sausage, bacon and three gargantuan pancakes.

Yeah, I think I'm going to be sick.

I've also got a swelling bruise and coordinating raspberry covering a good chunk of my lower leg just below by right knee. See, I was playing third last night in softball. The field is still a bit damp. A grounder went skittling down the line, and I couldn't resist diving after it. My knee must have taken all my weight as I went down. But I was covered in dirt and mud for the remainder of the game, and that more than made up for the pathetic 0-for-4 night at the plate.

We won, too, despite my best efforts with the bat.

posted by Peter at 2:33 AM
| | permalink |