Friday, October 15, 2004
Because it's my blog and I can be as narcissitic as I damn please
20 Years Ago, I:
1. was five years old
2. utterly convinced that I was a Jedi Knight.

15 Years Ago, I:

1. was 10 years old and in the 5th grade
2. first had to wear glasses
3. believed when the orthodontist said "six more months" with the braces
4. owned the world's largest collection of Rickey Henderson baseball cards
5. cried when my academic team was defeated in the final round of the school tournament

10 Years Ago, I:
1. was 15 and in the 10th grade
2. first asked a girl out and she said no. I'd had a crush on a girl named Velvet, yet ironically owned no crushed Velvet.
3. was a youth group junkie, basically living at church for the entire day every Sunday
4. taught myself how to play guitar
5. wrote sappy poetry while staring out the window in sixth hour biology

5 Years Ago, I:
1. was 20 and a junior in college and living at home with the fam'
2. was engaged to the Lovely Ex, who was living some-odd thousand miles away at the time
3. waited tables at the fine dining establishment Finales
4. enrolled in Greek, Hebrew, Spanish and Advanced English grammar all in the same semester
5. volunteered in the children's ministry at church by dressing up as a lion and greeting everybody at the door

3 Years Ago I:
1. was a recent college graduate, employed as a vacuum repairman
2. was happily married
3. slightly depressed as the Mariners historic season had just been ruined by the Yankees in the playoffs
4. exploring a new life in Seattle
5. was looking forward to that new Lord of the Rings movie coming out

1 Year Ago, I:
1. was living in the in-laws' basement, wondering what in the world had gone so wrong
2. had escaped the clutches of the medical transcription business and just found the awesome editing job
3. was interviewed for an article in the Seattle Weekly about my Mariner blog
4. didn't miss a single episode of Carnivale
5. was reading a book a week on the commuter train to and from work

Yesterday, I:
1. took my first test in seminary--church history (everybody gets a 'D' on this test, so I'm told. That sounds about right)
2. played intramural volleyball and we won in three sets, despite being outnumbered 4-6 by the other team.
3. tried to figure out what classes I should take in the spring. found 4 I really, really want to take, but they're all offered only at the same time.
4. had guys night by grabbing some burgers and frostys from the drive-thru at Wendys, then eating in the parking lot of Wal-Mart and watched some crazies guide shopping carts through the lot and into the stalls in the pouring rain with their car
5. woke up at 9 am just in time for my 9 am pinaner lesson

Today, I:
1. woke up at 8:53 am just in time for my 9 am counseling session
2. hope to finish proofreading The Christian Synagogue
3. listened to Amore del Tropico because its just a Black Heart Procession kind of day outside
4. have the evening entertainment options of the campus fall carnival, red sox/yankees Game 3 and visiting with Her while she answers that deluge of phone calls that come in on a Friday night
5. had a burrito for lunch. consesus at the lunch table was that the meat contained therein looked suspiciously like the salsbury steak we had for dinner last night

Tomorrow, I:

1. just might finally get the car cd player fixed at Best Buy
2. should really get caught up on my reading for Vocation of Ministry that I missed this week
3. would like to check out a $1 movie
4. will figure out where I'm going to church on Sunday
5. perhaps finally organize the chaos I've made of this 10 x 5 space I call my own

3 Bad Habits I Have
1. staying up late and thus inadvertently sleeping in
2. procrastinating
3. chewing on my fingernails

Interests at the moment:

1. baseball playoffs
2. what's most important about Church
3. connecting with new friends, staying connected with old friends
4. learning how to listen

5 Places I've Lived:
1. Sand Springs, OK
2. Tulsa, OK
3. Everett, WA
4. Chantilly, VA
5. Wilmore, KY

My Top 3 Biggest Worries at the Moment:
1. Did I just use my last quarters for laundry?
2. If they really get to know me, they will run
3. I know I'm forgetting something

My Top 5 Biggest Joys at the Moment:
1. today is payday
2. getting nosy with new friends
3. taking pictures
4. the sights colors, smells and brisk feel of fall in Kentucky
5. fleece and new elliott smith music

posted by Peter at 2:12 PM
| | permalink |