Monday, November 15, 2004
All Saints: Better than a nice dream
If Vine and Branches is becoming family, then this was the weekend of meeting the extended family, the nutty uncles, tipsy aunts and wacky cousins. This was the regional gathering of community churches, of little churches being Big Church. Kinda like Voltron. Folks from Louisville, Cincinnati and Lexington all converged together. Met Aaron, Chris and the Communality gang, among others. Kyle showed up for a bit, too.

When I was maybe 6 or 7, my cousin Jacob--who is a year younger than I am--stepped on and snapped the head off my cherished Optimus Prime. I was pissed, and I cried like the little boy that I was. This certain family childhood flasback came to mind when on Saturday night in preparing all the techy things involved with projecting digital photos, Aaron plugged a wire into my laptop and suddenly it was silent. No sound from the computer. For a brief moment we were convinced my soundcard was fried. He broke my Optimus Prime. Yeah, this is just like family.

But thankfully for everyone involved, after a shutdown and restart everything now works again.

Alan has the the low down from the party Friday night, Saturday morning and the worship service in the evening. He's also got a nifty quicktime slideshow of the whole weekend.

I myself put together a slideshow of original photos for Saturday's art gallery to rave reviews. If you ask nicely maybe I'll email you a copy of the 9.5 MB wmv file. Yahoo says it's too big to store there.

For the curious, a good chunk of the shots were exteriors of First United Methodist Church in Tulsa, OK and the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC. Soundtrack was Flugufrelsarinn by Sigur Ros.

posted by Peter at 3:09 AM
| | permalink |