Monday, November 08, 2004
PSA
This public service announcement is for my fellow central-Kentuckians.

Just when I didn't think any entertainment of the musical variety ever came to the midwest. Here are two.

First of all, Derek Webb will be playing at the Dame at Lexington. Tickets are $10, $12 at the door, which opens at 8. The Schuers will be opening.

I'm not all that familiar with Webb, other than that he used to play for Caedmon's Call, and I haven't listened to that since high school. But according to Grassroots:
But Christian art cannot and does not have anything to do with the content. Yet the only thing we feel okay defining as "Christian" art is the stuff that is the easiest to categorize. It is explicit. It is obvious. I think that is a cop-out. I think that is an easy road to take. Instead we should be equipping the people in our churches to discern good art, to determine what is beautiful, what is beneficial. We should be asking, 'Where can I find people fulfilling even unknowingly, the creative mandate that our great creator God has given to us? Where can I find that throughout all kinds of art and culture to determine what is beauty?

And that has my attention.

And if that's not enought, Monday Pedro the Lion will be performing with Starflyer 59 in Newport, KY at Southgate House. Tickets are $10; doors open at 8.

I saw Pedro on the Achilles Heel tour this summer, and it was so good I'm going back for seconds. Anyone interested in joining me, drop me a line. Tenatively, I'll say the Wilmore contingent will start our grand hike around 5:30.

I'm still debating the Webb show.

posted by Peter at 11:51 PM
| | permalink |