Friday, November 19, 2004
Listening
Soon as I pry myself from bed tomorrow I'll begin the 12-hour trek to see the fam' in Oklahoma for the holiday. Thought I'd make myself a mix CD for the roadtrip. Here's a sampling of the songs most recently stuck in my head:

1. Theme song from "Doctor Who"
2. Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie
3. Caspian Can Wait by The Velvet Teen
4. All Good Naysayers, Speak Up! Or Forever Hold Your Peace by Sufjan Stevens
5. Cannonball by Damien Rice
6. Pink Moon by Nick Drake
7. The Wind by Cat Stevens
8. Such Great Heights by Iron & Wine
9. A Distorted Reality Is a Necessity to Be Free by Elliott Smith
10. Gloria by U2
11. Faithless, the Wonder Boy by Radiohead
12. Cosmic Dancer by T.Rex
13. Fairpoint Diary by Over the Rhine
14. Pretty (Ugly Before) by Elliott Smith
15. Driving Me Mad by Neil Finn
16. Big Brat by Phantom Planet
17. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by Jimi Hendrix
18. Sunshine of Your Love by Cream
19. I Will Follow by U2
20. Deliver Me by Sarah Brightman

In other news, Brian McLaren spoke in my Kingdom, Church and World class yesterday. I took good notes. And thorough. I think. Sometime over the break I hope I can craft them into somekind of coherent post here. It was good stuff.

posted by Peter at 1:58 AM
| | permalink |