Thursday, September 07, 2006
Cold bevs

The first week of school and controversy is already a-brewin'. I guess some people are getting emotional. I saw this as I crossed the campus this morning. I may not agree with the implications of the statement given the context, but I found the image striking nonetheless.

Today was much like yesterday. I'll have Philosophy of Christian Religion at 9:30 on Wednesdays and Fridays. This morning was a ra-ra pep talk about why philosophy is so awesome, which was good for me because I can't say I'm a big fan of the discipline. Abstractions make me uncomfortable. Anyway, supposedly Tertullian was full of crap and Athens really does have something to do with Jerusalem.

After lunch I then meet with a small of group of 9 guys for what's called "Mentored Ministry." It's essentially a practicum for ministry in a local church. We all do our thing and will come together once a week to discuss case studies. This element of my schedule is the current thorn in my side as I have yet to nail down specifically what I'm doing and when. Oh, I've got plenty of ideas, I just haven't yet communicated with mentor a realistic and practical plan. I don't know why this is stressing me out so much.

One thing I'm appreciating already about the new job is a refuge away from Seminaryland. It was a much needed respite today. And I made cold drinks for real live customers. I only screwed one of them up. For future reference, the whipped cream, which apparently contains as much fat as an entire cow, does not get applied to the top of "lite" drinks.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays I can already tell will not be fun days.

posted by Peter at 12:02 AM
| | permalink |