Sunday, October 03, 2004
Sound bites
It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!

I just think that line would make a great blog subtitle. Evening was spent watching Sealab 2021. Not quite as amusement-fulfilling as the above line might lead one to believe.

Why do I fall in love with every woman I see that shows me the least bit of attention?

Some people get songs stuck in their heads. I get movie lines stuck in mine. I could have written that one from Sunshine. I wish it wasn't so.

Perhaps no sin of omission more frequently occasions (dullness of spirit) than the neglect of private prayer.

I've spent much of the day working through Wesley Speaks on Christian Vocation. The above quote is John Wesley circa 1760. You see, I have a paper due Wednesday for Vocation of Ministry--a personal reflecion paper based on the three books we've read. I was getting caught up today. But five pages into it, with the A's/Angels game playing in the background, I passed out. Woke up in time to hear the final inning. Freakin' Angels clinched the division.

Back to the "neglect of private prayer"... Once upon a time, I had such lofty intentions. Just a couple of weeks ago. What's happened? When I arrived in Kentucky, I so much wanted to establish myself right away in "holy habits"--prayer, bible study. Something more than the "praying at all times" that really turns into an excuse from actually stopping and quieting my soul to listen. Really listen. Spiritual dullness we cannot afford even for a moment.

Be still. What do you see? What do you hear?

Surely YHWH is in this place, and I was not aware of it.

Genesis 28:16. Now, I need to go finish Wesley.

posted by Peter at 1:55 AM
| | permalink |